Welcome to the Central Michigan Regional Rural Health Network
The Central Michigan Regional Rural (CMRR) Health Network’s mission is to work collectively to improve the health of and promote wellness among the community members in the central Michigan region. The CMRR Health Network includes health care providers, academic institutions that offer health professions programs, and health and social needs organizations. Expanding upon efforts of the Together We Can health improvement initiative started in 2010, the CMRR Health Network was created in June 2015 under a grant provided by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Office of Rural Health Policy.
Central Michigan Regional Rural Health Network Goals
- Achieve efficiencies and improve regional health care services
- Expand access to, coordinate, and improve the quality of essential health care services in the region’s rural communities
- Enhance community and network member relationships to promote involvement and participation in network planning activities to strengthen the rural health care system as a whole
Priority Areas for Health Improvement
- Access to Quality Health Care
- Behavioral Health, including Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders, and Abuse and Neglect
- Physical Activity and Access to Recreation
- Maternal and Child Health
- Family Health
- Reproductive and Sexual Health
- Older Adult/Geriatric Health
- Access to Transportation
Health Professional Workforce Education, Training, Recruitment, and Retention
Additionally, the Central Michigan Regional Rural Health Network supports and advocates for initiatives for improvement in the following areas.
- Safe Schools
- Complete Streets
- Food Quality and Safety
- Water Quality and Safety
- Air Quality and Safety
Contact us for meeting information or with questions or comments.
- Central Michigan Regional Rural Health Network Member Directory
- Community Calendar
- Resources Library
Central Michigan Regional Rural Health Network Information
- Benefits of Becoming a CMRRHN Member
- Central Michigan Regional Rural Health Network Meeting Archive
- Central Michigan Regional Rural Health Network Materials
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number P10RH33039. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.